Cybersecurity today is a priority for absolutely all Internet users. Many of your data that is on your PC or the Internet is confidential, and therefore their storage is a must. More users install anti-viruses on their operating systems, but some do not want to have additional protection tools in their systems. If you are one of those users, we hasten to inform you that you can protect your system manually. This article will tell you how to remove a virus from your operating system without antivirus.
Solution 1. Terminate suspicious processes in the task manager
If you don’t know how to remove a virus, this is the easiest and fastest way to do so and prevent your virus from infecting your laptop. To implement it you need to go to Task Manager and trace the origin of all processes, when you find the suspicious activity you need to stop it. Below we have provided detailed instructions step by step on how to do it:
- On your keyboard, press the Control Alt + Del key combination, after a few seconds, Windows will open the security settings for you, in which you need to click on the “Task Manager” tab
- A new tab will open in front of you where you need to go to the “Processes” window
- Then you need to pay attention to the processes taking place there, and if you find one that you consider suspicious, then click on it
Google, or any other browser, searches for information about this process to understand what it is for and what it is doing on your PC. If the process is considered a security threat, go back to the task manager tab and use your mouse to click on the process and click “end”. When you do that, the PC needs to restart and then log back into the Task Manager to make sure it is neutralized.
Solution 2: Disable the process at startup
To remove the virus without antivirus software and secure your PC manually you can also try a way to disable the problematic processes at startup, for this:
- Go back into Task Manager, the way how to do this as described above in the instructions
- In Task Manager, find the “autorun” window and click on it
After that, it’s up to you. You need to carefully analyze the entire list of applications and processes. You may see a “Publisher” column next to the process name, look through it for unknown publishers. As soon as you find an unknown or suspicious publisher, click on the process and then click “disable”.
Solution 3: Activate Windows Defender
Windows Defender is a built-in Windows security program that does not require installation and comes with the entire Windows package. This program is capable of providing decent protection for your OS from external threats. All you need to do is to configure the settings of Windows Defender and then you will be able to control the access of applications.
To activate Windows Defender you need to:
- Click on start at the bottom of the desktop. and enter “Control Panel” in the search engine
- In the window that opens, find the “System and security” option, a list will open in front of you, which will be our Windows protector
- On a new tab on the left, activate this firewall and you’re done.
If you are not a fan of antivirus, this program can be your perfect solution. It’s great at blocking unwanted files and keeping your system safe.