With the increase in digital threats every day, most of us know how necessary it is to have a reliable antivirus software. There are a lot of antivirus programs offered for free while some give you a free trial period. But it is important to note that some of these antivirus programs are difficult to uninstall from PC and Mac. A good example is the Webroot antivirus program.
In this article, we will be giving you the quickest and most reliable way to uninstall Webroot.
What is Webroot?
Webroot is an antivirus program that protects your data from internet threats like malware, viruses, ransomware, and other forms of attack. It provides security services to any type of users all around the world.
To use this program, you are required to put in a keycode and as soon as it is installed it runs in the background. If Webroot is no longer serving its purpose for you or you are experiencing technical issues, you can always uninstall it and choose another reliable antivirus program.
How to get rid of Webroot
Even though you can delete the app via the Windows Control Panel, in most cases it does not get rid of it completely. Usually you will need a help of special tools.
Here are the easy steps to delete a Webroot from any system:
- Open up the main menu.
- Find and launch the uninstalling application.
- Click on “Webroot” and choose an uninstall option.
- A pop-up window will appear for confirmation if you want to uninstall, select “Yes”. You have uninstalled Webroot successfully.
- Open up the main menu.
- Search for appwiz.cpl and select.
- Select “Webroot” and click on uninstall.
- A pop-up window will appear for confirmation on whether you agree with the process, select “Yes”.
- In this case, you are required to fill a reCAPTCHA.
- Go back to the uninstalling page and refresh to see changes.
- Open Webroot antivirus software on your Mac and in the top right corner click on “Webroot SecureAnywhere”.
- In the drop-down menu select About.
- A popup window will appear, click on “Uninstall”.
- A confirmation message will appear, select “Yes”. Webroot will be uninstalled.
As was mentioned earlier, uninstalling might not completely erase all traces of Webroot in your computer. You might be left with some remnants like Webroot drivers, files etc.
Ways to delete remnants of Webroot
- Download a CleanWDF tool from the official Webroot webpage.
- Once downloaded launch the progeam on your desktop. Select a cleaning option and confirm the action.
- WRUpgradeTool can be downloaded from the same website.
- Launch the application and remove the Webroot app and data from the system.
By doing this you clear all traces of Webroot in your system.
Webroot is a great cybersecurity software that protects your PC from any external threats. In case you want to uninstall this software, this article is a great guide for you.